Thursday, September 9, 2010

EOS Lip Balm

The first step of recovering from an addiction is admitting you have a problem...

Well, I'm addicted to lip products - mostly lip balm. At any time, you can ask me to dump my purse, and you'll be sure to find at least 8 lip products. My friends actually used to make fun of me because when I'd get nervous, I'd pull out Carmex and apply it excessively... I then read an article how your lips would quit making their own moisture if you were 'addicted' to lip balms. I got extremely worried because I couldn't stand to not have something on my lips, and when I attempted to go without anything, they felt so dry. So, of course, I asked my doc about it, and he said that wasn't true and that he thought I was perfectly fine with applying my lip products like I was, and so my addiction continues... Mwahahaha.

So, when I heard about EOS lip balm, I couldn't wait to try it! I've been using Burt's Bee's on my lips for about two years now, and loved the slight tingle it gave(which is one of my favorite things about lip products) when applied. Well, I ran out of the tube I always kept on my night stand so I figured it was time to search for this EOS stuff.

In my area, it was extremely hard to find. I kept checking their website, and it said that it was available at CVS and Walgreens, but every time I went, they never had it and none of their employees had ever heard of it. I'm pretty sure they thought I was crazy because, as one young man said, "Well, we have about a million different Chap Stick flavors though...." SIGH. Like I didn't know that and like I haven't tried every single flavor before...

Anyways, so I went in to Walgreens about a week ago to get my Rx filled (Hi. I'm an allergy sufferer, what's your name?) and they told me it was going to be 15 min. Well, that turned into about 45 min. Don't even ask. All they had to do was put a sticker on a darn box! While I was aimlessly wandering around filling my little cart with select clearance items, I just thought I'd check ONCE more to see if they had my EOS lip balm ... AND GUESS WHAT?! They DID.



So, I got the "Honeysuckle and Honeydew" flavor because the only other kind they had was "Summer Fruit" and I HATE fruity smells, so I picked the LEAST fruity one that they had.

It's so freaking cute! It's in the cutest little egg shaped bubble and I love that. It just makes me smile. You screw off the top, and it clicks into place when you screw it back on. It's extremely moisturizing and it really does make my lips super soft. It has a nice creamy texture on your lips and lasts fairly long. The only bad thing I have to say about this is that I miss the tingle feeling. :( There's no tingle at all. It smells nice, but doesn't taste like anything at all. I must also mention the following:

*It is USDA organic. 95% organic, 100% natural.
*Has Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, and Vitamin E
*Goes on clear
*Petrolatum and paraben free

I think it's pretty good for a few bucks and it looks like it'll last a SUPER long time. It's HUGE. I love the cute packaging, it's original and futuristic. The only complaint I have is that it does NOT tingle at all, and personally, I miss that. But, this probably wouldn't be that big of a deal to others, so if you don't mind that, you should pick this up if you can find it. :)

Happy Lip Balm Addictions to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment